We have recently been awarded the School Games 'Silver Kitemark Award' as recognition of our commitment to and high standards of Physical Education at St. Mary's.
What is the School Games Mark?
The School Games Mark is a Government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Schools in England are able to assess themselves across bronze, silver and gold levels.
In order to achieve the award our commitment to providing outstanding PE has had to be demonstrated by:
- Holding 6 or more intra-school competitions
- Entering 4 or more inter-school competitions
- Entering at least to 'B' teams in given events
- Utilising sports coaches to facilitate PE
- 10% of children leading and running sports activities within school
- Have links with at least 3 sports clubs outside of school
- Engage at least 35% of pupils (KS2) in extra-curricular activities